Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

I hadn't realised it had been so long, but my last blog was on the 21st November, when I wrote about preparations for the move. It now seems so long ago!

Having now been in the house for the past three weeks, we appear to be settled and overly familiar with our new(ish) surroundings.

The move, despite a microwave falling from the van and rolling halfway to Woodlands Park went without hitch. Such was the efficiency of the whole operation we were in the British Legion Club in Gillingham for 1.30 in time for a couple of very well earned pints.

By the time I had got home after the game, the boxes had all been unpacked, furniture placed and as a visitor you would never have known we had just moved in. All that remained was the discovery of Oliver eating the fake coal from the new fireplace which was also all around his face and newly washed pyjamas!

With the move coming so close to Christmas and Oliver's birthday plans we haven't really managed to find time for a house warming party. I am sure that come January, when everyone is a little poorer we will arrange something to pass the time.

As for the flat, it is still ours, and looking really rather bare. Stephanie hasn't quite managed to take a look at it whilst it has been empty and she probably won't, but I had to go back whilst I was off and fix a few things here and then ready for the new people to move in, which we hope will be at the beginning of January.

I do have some photos taken of the house before and after we moved in, similar to the ones I took when we moved into Pioneer Court, which I will put up at some point. I need to do them rather quickly, as there is so much stuff I need to add in the next few weeks!

Not only is Christmas and the New Year just around the corner but Oliver will be celebrating his very first birthday. I wanted to get him a Millennium Falcon builders kit from the Lego store, but Stephanie said he was too young, much to my dismay, but we still had loads of fun spending.

I love Toys r Us, and could probably spent £1,000's on myself, let alone Oliver. It is the same with hundreds of websites displaying "boys toys" and the like. We managed to restrain ourselves and brought a bundle of stuff which we then split randomly into birthday and Christmas gifts.

Oliver's birthday next week will also see the end of my "365 Year in the Life" project, which has been remarkably challenging. It has been a massive success and I am incredibly glad that I have done it. I will go into more details when it is finally over, but I really must thank everyone who has taken a photo and contributed so much to a unique and exciting addition to the site.

Before I sign off another rambling entry and haven't mentioned to you personally about our birthday plans for next week, we will be at Monkey Bizz on Sunday from 1pm, and will be having a tea party for Oliver on Friday from around 4pm. We will of course love to see you there and apologise sincerely if we have forgotten anyone we should have invited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've a Stalker in Jesus

Not Alone in the Forest

Giving Santa the Sack