A Moral Victory

Last month I became another victim of the banking code, whereby a person goes 12 pence overdrawn the day before payday and the bank feels well within there rights to charge you £30 for the privilege.

By chance I was surfing the BBC website when I came across this article, which is an indepth look at the process in which to claim back your "bank charges". Not only does it highlight the problem faced by millions of people daily whom are a victims of banking greed, it shows you step by step how to claim back, not only for you most recent charge, but for charges accumulated over the past 6 years!

The best thing about the article was the fact that they had already prepared three ready made templates for you in order to save, tailor and print out in order to make your claim, it really was supposed to be that easy.

I wasn't going to do anything about it, I just thought that it sounded like a great idea, but nothing would happen in practice. However, I then came across the Penalty Charges website and read the many testimonies of people who had come across the BBC article, across the Penalty Charges site and made a claim against there bank. Everybody had been successful.

Encouraged by other peoples experiences I downloaded the template which estimates your bank charges as I didn't have any back statements left over after my recent shredding exercise. I sent off my letter with a figure that I thought was accurate, and threatened to take them to the small claims court if they had not settled within 14 days.

On the 14th day my bank phoned me, apologised and wished to settle for half of the amount in which I was claiming. Neither amount was massive, which in retrospect I wish I had bumped the numbers up a little bit, but to be honest I am more than happy with the figure they offered!

It's not so much the figures that count at the end of the day, it is the practice of standing up against huge banking organisations whom have been charging ridiculous money for nothing.

Since my successful moral victory I have come across many more examples of people, whom like me have made claims against there banks, and so far, I have not heard of one person whom has not been successful.

In the Sun newspaper this morning there was another article, with a link to the Money Saving Expert, whom also claimed in today's article that nobody has yet failed!

Take a look around the links in this article, Google to your satisfaction, and do the same. There are emails that get delivered to your inbox claiming that if you do this, you get that and other scams and hoaxes, but this is one thing that has spread across the internet that has been a success for me, and hopefully for you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've a Stalker in Jesus

Not Alone in the Forest

Giving Santa the Sack